1. Debra Winger was the voice of E.T.
2. Pearls melt in vinegar.
3. The three most valuable brand names on earth: Marlboro, Coca-Cola, and Budweiser, in that order.
4. It's possible to lead a cow upstairs, but not downstairs.
5. Ten percent of the Russian government's income comes from the sale of vodka.
6. The sentence "The quick brown fox jumps over the lazy dog" uses every letter in the alphabet. (Developed by Western Union to test telex/two communications.)
7. The only 15-letter word that can be spelled without repeating a letter is "uncopyrightable."
8. "Stewardesses" is the longest word that is typed with only the left hand.
9. No word in the English language rhymes with month, orange, silver, or purple.
10. The reason firehouses have circular stairways is from the days of yore when the engines were pulled by horses. The horses were stabled on the ground floor and figured out how to walk up straight staircases.
11. 111,111,111 x 111,111,111 = 12,345,678,987,654,321
12. An ostrich's eye is bigger than its brain.
13. The name "Jeep" came from the abbreviation used in the army for the "General Purpose" vehicle, G.P.
14. Nutmeg is extremely poisonous if injected intravenously.
15. Only one person in two billion will live to be 116 or older.
16. If you put a raisin in a glass of champagne, it will keep floating to the top and sinking to the bottom.
17. Snails can sleep for three years without eating.
18. Any month that begins on a Sunday will always have a Friday the 13th.
19. The Eisenhower interstate system requires that one mile in every five must be straight. These straight sections are usable as airstrips in times of war or other emergencies.